A Link Between Worlds tips and tricks
North of Kakariko Village lies the tent of the Fortune-Teller who hands you the Hint Glasses, which allow you to see the Hint Ghosts haunting Hyrule and Lorule. "Such ghosts give you tips and tricks from the great beyond...". Hint Ghosts look like big blue question marks with glasses. You have to give a "Play Coin" to a Hint Ghost to get a clue from him.
A Play Coin is a kind of "reward" received on the 3DS through the podometer function (step recorder): When you put your 3DS on standby, this function goes off and you get a Play Coin every 100 steps you take, with a limit of 10 Play Coins a day.
Here is the location of some Hint Ghosts. Thank you for helping finding the others!
- Next to the rock located to the left of the Fortune-Teller.
Hint: To move it (large boulder), you will need the Titan's Mitt!
- To the north of the smithy.
Hint: Travel along the wall of the blacksmith's place to get the piece of heart just above here.
- Next to the rock located to the left of the smithy stairs.
Hint: In order to lift large rocks, you will need the Titan's Mitt.
- Next to the bridge located to the right of Link's house.
Hint: You can get a bottle from the bird lover who lives under this bridge.
- To the right of the Witch's house, just next to the tree.
Hint: You'll be able to reach the far side if you become a painting and merge with the wall.
- Northeast of the above-mentioned place, after having crossed the water, next to a waterfall.
Hint: If you enter the waterfall up ahead, you will find a piece of heart.
- South of Sahasrahla's house.
Hint: Merge into the wall and sneak up behind the thief. If you do that, you'll get the Pegasus Boots!
- To the right of the stylish lady's house.
Hint: You can enter this house via the other world.
- In front of the Tower of Hera.
Hint: Use the Hammer to drive the stakes into the ground.
- West of the Tower of Hera, take the south path and walk along the wall.
Hint: Merge into the wall to move on from here. Reach the depths of the lower cave for a piece of heart!
- In the southeast corner of the desert, walk up the steps and look left of the small pond.
Hint: If you're trying to get to Desert Palace, then head west and use the Sand Rod.
Southern Ruins (Swamp) region
- Near the two statues in the south part.
Hint: You can damage the wall up ahead with a bomb. Go through the opening to collect a piece of heart.
- At the Octoball Derby, on the right.
Hint: Aim to score 100 rupees or more at Octoball Derby. You'll get a piece of heart if you manage that!
- North of the Bomb Shop
Hint: Throw any spare rupees into the spring in this cave. At some point you might receive a Bottle.
- South of the Thieves' Town, in front of the "Rupee Rush" game house.
Hint: If you aim for a high score and give it your best shot, you might get a piece of heart.
- North of the Fortune-Teller's tent.
Hint: Even if the Hylian Shield gets eaten by a monster, it won't be destroyed.
- Northeast of the Skull Woods, to the left of the ruined house.
Hint: Use a Cucco to fly from high places!
- Near the place where the Witch's house can be found in Hyrule.
- In the "Fortune's Choice" game house, in the top-right corner.
Hint: You might get a piece of heart if you're lucky!
Lorule Lake region
- In front of Turtle Rock, on the right side of the platform.
Hint: You can temporarily freeze lava using the Ice Rod.
- Next to the left small island of Turtle Rock, to the left in the water.
Hint: The piece of heart that you can see over there can be picked up on your way through the dungeon.
- North of the left small island of Turtle Rock, on the wall.
Hint: There is a baby turtle up ahead who is afraid of heights.
- In front of the Ice Ruins, slightly on the right.
Hint: You can melt ice using the Fire Rod.
- In front of the Treacherous Tower.
Hint: If you clear the Intermediate course in the Treacherous Tower, you will receive a piece of heart.
Dark Palace region
- In front of the Dark Palace, slightly on the left.
Hint: You will need bombs to progress beyond this point.
- About in the middle of the route with the guards, at the bottom of some stairs.
Hint: Follow the narrow path up ahead carefully for a piece of heart.
- On the first floor, in the northwest corner of the first room.
- On the first floor, in the north part of the first room.
- On the first floor, in front of the door of the second room.
- On the first floor, in the second room, in the northwest corner.
- On the first floor, in the third room, in the northwest corner.
- On the first floor, in the room located west of the third room, in the north part of this room.
- On the second floor, in the large room to the south, towards the centre of the room near the switch.
- South of the Swamp Palace.
Hint: If you can break the large rock, water around the entrance will drain away. Then use the Hookshot!
- Just left from the above Hint Ghost.
Hint: Bring the Big Bomb Flower here. The Boomerang might prove useful too.
Skull Woods region
- In the south part of this area, to the north of a wooden arch.
Hint: If you go south from here, there's a building shaped like the letter "n". Merge there to get a piece of heart!
Thanks to Fullmetal, Jojo94z, L1nk and Chachou11!