Twilight Princess tips and tricks
Once you can enter Hyrule Castle Town in your human form, Princess Agitha's house is accessible. This little girl, who lives in South Road in Hyrule Castle Town, is a bug enthusiast.
As soon as you find a Golden Bug, go visit her and talk to her twice. She will give you the Big Wallet able to contain 600 rupees on Wii and 1000 rupees on Wii U. Whenever you give her another bug, you will get 50 rupees and whenever you give her a bug which forms a pair, she will offer you 100 rupees!
Here are the locations of the 24 Golden Bugs:
Hyrule Field - Faron Province
- Beetle (male): In the centre of the area, south-east of the bridge, near a tree
- Beetle (female): In the north-west of the area, near the road leading to Eldin. Throw the Gale Boomerang on a tree high up
- Ant (male): At the back of the graveyard, on a tree trunk
- Ant (female): In the house opposite the hotel
Hyrule Field - Eldin Province
- Pill bug (male): Right at the south of the bridge, in Kakariko Gorges
- Pill bug (female): In the south-west of the area, north of the bridge, in the middle of tall grass
- Phasmid (male): On the broken Bridge of Eldin, on its south part, throw the Gale Boomerang to attract it
- Phasmid (female): North of the broken Bridge of Eldin, shoot the Clawshot at the target on the wall, then head south
- Grasshopper (female): In the field between Kakariko and the broken Bridge of Eldin, go for a walk in the north-east part and look at the ground. Use the Gale Boomerang if you have trouble grabbing it
- Grasshopper (male): In the field between Kakariko and the broken Bridge of Eldin, in the south part, to the left when coming from Kakariko, where the soil and grass meet, look down. Use the Gale Boomerang if you have trouble grabbing it
Hyrule Field - Lanayru Province
- Butterfly (male): Before the eastern entrance of Castle Town, near the path leading south, over pink flowers
- Butterfly (female): To the left of the path leading to Lake Hylia, shoot the Clawshot at the vines and climb
- Ladybug (female): While leaving Castle Town through south, at the bottom of the second set of stairs, near a tree (east side)
- Ladybug (male): While leaving Castle Town through south, after walking down the three staircases, near a column covered in vines
- Stag beetle (male): North of Hyrule Castle Town, to the east of the river, on a tree
- Stag beetle (female): North of Hyrule Castle Town, in the far north of the area, on a wall high up
- Dragonfly (male): At the bottom of the waterfall, on the west shore
Upper Zora's River
- Dragonfly (female): In front of the house where you can rent boats, use the Gale Boomerang to bring it to you
Great Bridge of Hylia
- Mantis (male): North of the great bridge, on the western pillar, throw the Gale Boomerang to bring it to you
- Mantis (female): South of the great bridge, about halfway of the diagonal path on the map. Look at the wall on the east side and use the Gale Boomerang to get it
- A Dayfly (male): In the south part of the desert, near a narrow path to the south (but not so close)
- A Dayfly (female): In the south-east part of the desert are two sorts of corridors diggen in the sand. Walk in the northmost one and look at the south wall, then use the Gale Boomerang to get it
Sacred Grove (after the 2nd race with Skull Kid)
- Snail (m/f): In the small passage, to the left of the door leading to the temple
- Snail (m/f): After going through the first door leading to the temple, at the bottom of the stairs, to the left
So it is possible to collect all the bugs after entering the Temple of Time.
When you give the last bug to Princess Agitha, she will offer you the Giant Wallet able to hold up to 1000 rupees on Wii and 2000 rupees on Wii U!
At Agitha's place: Light up your lantern and all the bugs will rush at you.
Whenever you step on a bug, it'll cling to your boot.
Whenever you come in with a Golden Bug, talk to her but refuse to show her your catch, she'll say: "Snif... sniiif snif! I sense it! The distinct pheromones of Golden Bugs on you!". And when you leave her castle, she whispers: "And still, I know they are with you!"