Skyward Sword tips and tricks
Index of Tips and Tricks • Complete Walkthrough
A Goron found those things dropped by the Goddess and called them "Goddess Cubes". After telling you the legend about those cubes, he admits he doesn't know how to use them. Get close to the cube and unleash the Skyward Strike: the cube flies away! Tell him you'll help him by doing the same thing with the other cubes.
Later, during your first return from the surface, Fi says that the cubes which are activated release a kind of sacred energy. The different locations of the cubes are marked on the map with a purple icon.
Here are the 27 locations of the Goddess Cubes!
The number that is before each line tells the chronological order in which it is possible to get them.
At the bottom of the page, a map points out the locations of the chests.
- 1. Next to the Goron who speaks about the Cubes
»» Chest: on Pumpkin Landing near the statue. Reward: Adventure Pouch Expansion
- 2. Near the Skyview Temple entrance
»» Chest: on a small island to the far south of the green beam. Reward: Piece of Heart
- 19. [Clawshots required] Go to the right of Skyview Temple, shoot your Clawshots on the vines which are on a "window" and then on other vines to find the cube
»» Chest: on Beedle's Island (only reachable during the night). Reward: Rupee Medal
- 3. In the last room behind the Goddess Statue just before leaving the temple
»» Chest: on Pumpkin Landing above the doorway. Reward: 300 rupees
- 4. When arriving there for the first time, move to the Bird Statue "Volcano Entry" and jump behind the ledge on your left
»» Chest: on a small island to the northwest of Fun Fun Island. Reward: Small Seed Satchel
- 5. After finding the Bird Statue "Volcano East", move forward and find the cube at the end of the way
»» Chest: on a small island to the east of Bamboo Island, land at the top. Reward: 100 rupees
- 6. Use the steam spout to enter the Mogma cave from the top, jump (slightly forward and to the right) and land next to the cube
»» Chest: on the Isle of Songs, north side. Reward: 300 rupees
- 7. From the Bokoblin camp near the Earth Temple, take the small path towards southeast going down (very close to the camp)
»» Chest: on a small island to the far east of the red beam, land at the top. Reward: Treasure Medal
- 8. From the building in the far northeast of this area, take the sand slide, keep left, aim at the left steam spout, then jump with run-up towards the cube just below
»» Chest: on Skyloft inside the mill by swimming underwater. Reward: Piece of Heart
- 9. [Bombs required] From the Earth Temple go to the far right (when leaving it) and dig the ground to reveal a stream. Enter it to go higher, then throw a bomb to destroy the rocks hiding the cube.
OR better! without bombs: Instead of throwing one of your bombs, get a Bomb Flower, enter the stream and blow up the rocks!
»» Chest: on Bamboo Island. Reward: 300 rupees
- 10. After landing for the first time in the mine, look behind the tower
»» Chest: on a small island to the far east of the red beam, land on the lower part and blow up the rocks. Reward: 100 rupees
- 11. In the southwest part, in an area with quick sands and Ampilus (check out the walkthrough)
»» Chest: on a small island to the east of the yellow beam, on the outside part. Reward: Heart Medal
- 17. [Clawshots required] In the north part, in the northeast corner. Follow the passage you took to get a Piece of Heart, cross it, then use your Clawshots on the target, then on the next ones up to the end of the corridor. Drop to the ground, move on and use the Clawshots again on the further target
»» Chest: on a small island to the northwest of Beedle's Island through an underwater path. Reward: Heart Medal
- 18. [Clawshots required] In the north part, go southwest of the Lanayru Mining Facility, use your Clawshots on the target above a statue with a bowl, then move forward on the wall to the left
»» Chest: on a small island to the northwest of Fun Fun Island. Reward: Life Medal
- 12. In the north part, while riding in a mine cart, execute a Skyward Strike when the cart is close enough
»» Chest: on Beedle's Island (to the far east of Bamboo Island). Reward: Piece of Heart
- 13. [Water Dragon's Scale required] To the west of the Great Tree on a big root. Go to the first floor of the tree and jump down on this root
»» Chest: on Skyloft, on the small platform to the southwest. Reward: 100 rupees
- 14. [Water Dragon's Scale required] To the northeast of the Great Tree. Climb to the top of the tree. When going out after defeating the Moblin move to the large branch to the north. Hang on the ledge and move until you see a platform just beneath you (close to Bucha). Fall on it and reach the cube by walking on the rope
»» Chest: on a small island to the northeast of the Isle of Songs. Reward: Rupee Medal
- 15. [Water Dragon's Scale required; Clawshots useful but not required] To the southeast of the Great Tree, use the Clawshots on the target. But it's also possible to climb to the top of the tree and do without the Clawshots: Climb up to the place where you beat the Moblin, go outside, move to the east side and locate the cube beneath you. Hang on the ledge, stand right in the middle of the large branch, let go and finally walk carefully towards the cube!
»» Chest: on a small island to the east of the yellow beam, in its inner part, reachable with the Clawshots or by falling neatly. Reward: Piece of Heart
- 16. On the way heading to the Water Dragon, where you have to break through a wooden fence (check out the walkthrough)
»» Chest: on Skyloft, on the small easternmost island, jump from the top of the waterfall. Reward: 300 rupees
- 20. [Clawshots required] Near the Bird Statue, shoot your Clawshots on the vines high above you, then go left
»» Chest: on Fun Fun Island, under the island. Reward: 300 rupees
- 21. At the Ancient Harbor, where you can board the first time, climb on the crates to the right, use your Clawshots on the target to reach other crates and enter the cave
»» Chest: On Skyloft, in the Bazaar. Reward: 300 rupees
- 22. In the west part atop a pillar. Reach the place where a Metal Shield Moblin stands, and a Quadro Baba further, and then from there fire your Clawshots at the dry vines to the southwest, then on the ones which are on the pillar with the cube
»» Chest: on a small island to the northwest of Fun Fun Island, behind a railing. Reward: Potion Medal
- 23. After beating the Stronghold, stand facing the huge jaw, use your Clawshots on the target above the large door and then on the one behind you to reach the cube
»» Chest: On Skyloft atop the waterfall. Reward: Heart Container
- 24. From the small waterfall, turn around, move on to the "balcony", then jump off the cliff, reach a flat pillar hidden by another large one in front of you (you should use Dowsing) and land near the cube (you have to slightly incline the Wiimote forward to "move on")
»» Chest: on Bug Rock. Reward: Heart Container
- 25. In front of the Fire Sanctuary's entrance, go left, climb on the window ledge, then use your Clawshots on the vines. Climb on the first pillar, then on the next one and defeat the Lizalfos (or make it fall) before grasping the further vines
»» Chest: on the Isle of Songs, atop the tower. Reward: Small Bomb Bag
- 26. [After getting back your items or even after the Sealed Temple] Inside the cave to the right when arriving on the volcano summit, jump on a floating lava platform and unleash the Skyward Strike while aiming at the cube.
OR: After visiting the Sealed Temple (and getting the Goddess's blessing): stand as close as possible to the rim of the ledge and execute the strike.
Hero Mode: You don't have to pass the Fire Dragon's challenge or to visit the Sealed Temple. Just stand close to the rim of the ledge and execute the Skyward Strike!
»» Chest: on a small island to the southwest of the Isle of Songs. Reward: Empty Bottle
- 27. In the northeast part of the area, behind the Tree of Life
»» Chest: on a small island to the southwest of the Isle of Songs. Reward: Small Quiver
Thank you to Drizzt, Ed, Samchi, Shiva, Skyward Player and Linebeck II for their contribution!