Twilight Princess tips and tricks
Warp portals, Hidden holes and Shortcuts
Index of Tips and Tricks • Complete Walkthrough
Here are the location of these portals, that can be used when Link is in wolf form:
- Ordon Spring (Ordona Province)
- South Faron Woods (Faron Province): in front of Faron Spring
- North Faron Woods (Faron Province): between the Dark Fog area and Coro's shop
- Kakariko Gorge (Eldin Province)
- Kakariko Village (Eldin Province): in front of Eldin Spring
- Death Mountain (Eldin Province): at the end of the narrow path
- Zora's Domain (Lanayru Province): on top of the village
- Lake Hylia (Lanayru Province): near Clown Fyer's house
- Castle Town (Lanayru Province): in front of the eastern entrance
- Upper Zora's River (Lanayru Province): near Iza's house
- Gerudo Mesa (Gerudo Province): in the south-east part of the desert
- Bridge of Eldin (Eldin Province)
- Mirror Chamber (Gerudo Province)
- Snowpeak Top (Peak Province): at the exit of the underground passage
- Sacred Grove (Faron Province): after your second visit to this place
Below is the list of holes that can be revealed as a wolf and which hide a cave.
Ordon Ranch - Ordona Province
- In the cowshed, use your wolf senses to locate the hole.
Inside: three candelabras to be lit, 50 rupees and lots of pots with rupees and hearts
Hyrule Field - Faron Province
- In the south-west part, near the country's borders, dig in the middle of tall grass.
Inside: plants, rats and bats, about fifteen rupees and three small chests holding 50 rupees in total
- In the north-east part, about halfway between the access leading to Hyrule Castle Town and the access leading to Lake Hylia. Dig in the middle of a circle of tall grass.
Inside: an underground lake full of fishes, in particular greegills, Ordon catfishes and even young Hylian loaches!
Hyrule Field - Eldin Province
- West of the Kakariko Gorge, in the south-west part of this area, in the middle of flowers.
Inside: lots of bats to be cleared out which leave quite a few rupees, regardless of the grass...
- In the large area to the north of Kakariko, just before the broken bridge, go right and look for a place in the grass where actually there is none! (no grass).
Inside: an underground lake full of bombfishes, a hive and 50 rupees
- In the large area to the north of Kakariko, more or less on the "path" linking Kakariko to Hyrule Castle Town, a place with soil can be found in the grass, before a body of water (where a lone warrior is located).
Inside: small fast enemies dropping bombs, two chests with 50 and 100 rupees and a rare chu jelly
- [Spinner required] To the north of the broken bridge, north-west on the map, a small bridge is located halfway on the narrow road (near archers firing arrows). Use the Spinner on the rail to the north of the bridge, get down at the end and dig in the middle of tall grass.
Inside: two big stalfos, a Piece of Heart and two small chests holding bombs
Hyrule Field - Lanayru Province
- In the area north of Hyrule Castle Town, when coming from the south-eastern path, dig in the middle of a circle of tall grass near two trees.
Inside: carnivorous plants and many pots
- [Clawshot required] From the main entrance of Hyrule Castle Town, to the left of the path leading to Lake Hylia, shoot the Clawshot at the ivy to climb and dig in the middle of the stone circle.
Inside: Five enemies with shells and 100 rupees
- When leaving Hyrule Castle Town by south, climb onto a pillar covered with ivy and dig in the middle of the stone circle.
Inside: enemies, 100 rupees, a hive and an underground lake
- To the far north of the province, on the east side of the river, dig in the middle of the circle of tall grass.
Inside: spiders and three candelabras to be lit for 50 rupees
- To the north of Hyrule Castle Town, west of the river and towards south, dig in the middle of the circle of tall grass.
Inside: lots of red and purple chus, and sometimes a yellow bright one, giving some rare chu jelly
- [Clawshot required] To the south of Lake Hylia, to the far south on the map, on the path with three archers. Shoot a bomb arrow at the elevated rock south-west to reveal a target. Use the Clawshot on this target, then fire another bomb arrow at the rocks to the east. Use the Clawshot on this new target, then move on and grab the next target. Dig in the middle of grass.
Inside: fire and ice skulls, and 100 rupees
- Go to the attraction called "Flight by Fowl". Talk to the clown, pick up a cucco and jump in the air. Make a circle to head to the platform just below the Flight by Fowl attraction. Use your wolf senses to locate the hole.
Inside: "shells", 100 rupees and an underground lake
- In the south part, climb the ladder, then go straight ahead. When you see five tufts of grass in a circle, turn into a wolf and dig in the middle.
Inside: 6 monsters (kind of octoroks) in a lake to be cleared out for 100 rupees and a hive. You can also fish Hylian loaches, a boot and small fry
- In the north-west part, near the country's borders, shoot your Clawshot at a cactus and go on towards north-west. Use your wolf senses to spot the hole.
Inside: three candelabras to be lit for 100 rupees and two Poe Souls
- To the far south-west of the desert, use your wolf senses to locate the hole.
Inside: big spiders and 100 rupees
- To the far east, dig in the middle of three skulls.
Inside: purple chus, red chus (sometimes and by day) and a bright chu (sometimes as well) giving some rare chu jelly
- In the area before the underground passage, about halfway to the Snowpeak top, near a lone tree located on the edge of an abyss.
Inside: ice bats, ice monsters and 100 rupees
- In the area before the underground passage, from the place above, keep on climbing to reach a large area with two trees not far from a ledge. There are bats and wolves between the two trees. Dig very close to the closest tree to the path.
Inside: ice bats and sometimes a bright chu hiding behind two boulders to be destroyed with your Ball and Chain
Sacred Grove - Faron Province
- In the circular area to the east of the two giant statues, blow up the rock near the pillar at the centre of the area, then dig near the pillar.
Inside: plants and a Piece of Heart!
A big thank you to Darkriad for his help, but also to Tonytony, Freddy, L!nkdu78, kat, Shadowslink, Julien, and to Ganon182 for the map!
On this map, portals are in orange and hidden holes are in yellow.
Here is the list of shortcuts that can be "created" throughout the game:
- Blow up the rock to the left of Eldin Spring in Kakariko (leads to the spring top)
- Blow up the rock at the end of the long narrow path to the south of the large Eldin field (leads to the other part of Eldin field)
- Blow up the rock when coming back from Lake Hylia heading to Hyrule Castle Town, as well as the rock in the north-east part of Lanayru field (to link these two parts of the field)
- Blow up the rock underwater, at the back of the graveyard where the Zora Armor can be found (leads to Lake Hylia)
- Blow up the rock to the far north of Lanayru field (leads to the south part of Zora's Domain)
- Blow up the rock in the north-east part of Zora's Domain, in the tunnel (leads to the centre of the village)
- Blow up the rock south of Hyrule Castle Town (see Hot spring water quest) (leads to Faron Province)
- In Death Mountain, in the large room before the Goron Mines, take the lift and go down. Push the rock on the right to reach the hot water spring and the shop
- In Death Mountain, in the large room before the Goron Mines, take the lift and go down. Follow the left path, then push the rock to create a shortcut to the warp portal in Death Mountain
- In Faron Woods, in the long underground passage leading to the Dark Fog area, at the entrance near the candelabra, use your wolf senses to dig the ground and get out near the exit.
- In Faron Province, south of Hyrule Castle Town, jump into the big hole to the east (on the map) to arrive to Lake Hylia!